Let’s face it, getting your children to enjoy brushing and flossing seems to be nearly impossible. No matter how hard you try, your kids just resist brushing their teeth, even when you attempt to make it a fun activity. Dental healthcare professionals have tried tirelessly to come up with new tactics to put the “fun” into the fundamentals of oral health. Today, encouraging your children to enjoy keeping their smiles bright is easier than we once thought, much to the development of technology. Are your children resisting nighttime brushing? Is there an argument before school every morning about clean teeth? Well, there’s an app for that, and then some.
Depending on your child’s age, it can be easy to “trick” them into enjoying brushing their teeth. As they get older, an old enough to push back, parents must be prepared with new ways to make oral hygiene fun. Let’s take a look at some of the most successful approaches to making dental care fun for your kids:
- Playing music while brushing may seem like an old trick, but with the Spinbrush Tooth Tunes, new and hip songs will play while your kids brush…and maybe even dance
- The Brush Time App is free and fun, not only playing music but adding a challenge factor where kids can collect points – making a game out of brushing is a big hit with most kids
- The Twooth Timer may seem simple, but since the average person brushes their teeth for under a minute, it’s a necessary household item to buy
- An old, but great trick is to let your children brush your teeth for a change – this is a fun laugh for the whole family
- The first “smart” toothbrush connects with your Bluetooth to monitor your kids’ brushing habits, purchase the Beam Brush and watch as your kids get much more enthused about brushing – plus, you can even send your results to your dentist!
Being a parent is the toughest job out there. When a child is determined to ignore their oral hygiene, a lot of health hazards arise. Make sure that you are trying your best to make brushing fun and enjoyable, then watch as your child learns to love keeping their mouth fresh and clean. And, when in doubt, turn to one of the above tricks to get your kids brushing correctly.